Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strain Gauge adhesives subsitute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron
It worked out well, the strain gauge did fine, but the amplification circuit or something in the system was radio frequency sensitive, if a walky talky was keyed any where near the car, parked or while driving, it caused a hard right turn, I passed a High Way Patrolman who was about to use his radio so I prepared for my steering to turn right and sure enough, it tried, and he was some 100 feet away I eventually went to a commercial steering unit, but I had fun designing and building this one and was proud that it worked, in spite of this flaw. It's my thinking that the stain gauge itself was the RF receiver and I was using a INA122 intrument amplifier set for a gain of 1000.
Jeff

Jeff, good to know it worked albeit with a minor problem. I have an accelerometer amp I plan to use and Omega has the bridge components. Omega BCM-1 should work for what I have in mind.

Ron

Jeff, good to know it worked albeit with a minor problem. I have an accelerometer amp I plan to use and Omega has the bridge components. Omega BCM-1 should work for what I have in mind.

Ron
When you get surprised by a sudden right hand turn off the side of dirt road, it become less than minor, LOL

I have to give you that. That would freak me out.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back