Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souradeep

I recently bought a monochrome oled 0.96 inch and after hooking it upto to the stm32(blue pill) board, i noticed that the refresh rate was quite slow. I tested out the display with an arduino nano, but the nano's refresh rate was a lot faster. I programmed them both using arduino ide. Is there any way to increase the i2c clock speed in the stm32 in arduino ide? There are lot of statements I found in the Leaf Labs documentation but I could not understand them. I used a usb/ttl converter to program the stm32. Someone plz tell me how to increase the

WoW, I just tried compiling the code with Wire.begin() and Wire.setClock() and it compiled without any error. I thought it would return an error. I havent tried it with the display though yet, still thanx a lot. I cannot think of how much to thank you.

Can u plz check out this site once :
**broken link removed**

It is a documentation on i2c library for stm32 but i could not understand anything. What are all those statements and functions? Moreover, can u plz tell me from where you got to know about the Wire.setClock() function? I hope I did not ask too many questions. Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

Thanks a ton! I tried out the Wire.setClock() and it worked out perfectly. But I noticed one thing : If I donot initialize i2c using Wire.begin(), then the Wire.setClock function does not work, although the program compiles without any problem.
Moreover, I tried compiling the code with one of the statements/functions I found in Maple documentation, and it did not return any error, why is that so?

Moreover, I tried compiling the code with one of the statements/functions I found in Maple documentation, and it did not return any error, why is that so?
The Maple routines will be included in the Arduino library so will be available to call. However, as your using the Arduino IDE, just use the calls listed on the Arduino page.

Mike.

One last thing, I recently busted my stm32f103c (Blue Pill) board. Thankfully only the 3.3 on board voltage regulator got busted and the microcontroller was safe. I made a voltage regulator using LM317T to deliver 3.3v but instead it delivers 3.4 v. I dont think 0.1v difference is going to harm the microcontroller but still would it cause any harm? And what is the max input current the board can handle?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back