STM32F103 and DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusVanBober

Hi,

I have an evaluation board based on STM32F103RB microprocesor. Can I do DSP project on this board or do i need a faster microprocesor like STM32F4?

It's for university project, I have to build simple equaliser.

It's not the speed, it's the instruction set. The F4 uses a Cortex-M4 core which has an extended DSP instruction set.

I don't use STM32, but LPC offers some DSP libraries for their Cortex-M3 devices. You might want to look for something similar for the STM32 Cortex-M3.

Assuming you can find the libraries, I have no experience in DSP, so I have no idea whether the F3 would be fast enough with just the libraries to do what you want with it.

Last edited:
I know that F4 have single cycle Multiply–accumulate operation, which is very important for DSP, and F3 doesn't have this feature, but on the other hand I need to do a simple audio project with digital filters.

Hi,

I have an evaluation board based on STM32F103RB microprocesor. Can I do DSP project on this board or do i need a faster microprocesor like STM32F4?

It's for university project, I have to build simple equaliser.

Yes, you can!

See the STM32 DSP library from ST and CMSIS DSP Software Library from Keil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…