Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to program the blue pill (STM32F103C8T6 MCU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, I have bought a blue pill board (an STMF103C8T6) development board and tried programming it. I am using the FTDI chip (board) to transfer code from Arduino IDE (on a Mac) to this board. But I am unable to send code to it.

I accidentally connected a micro-usb cable to power given on the board and connected the 3.3v and GND from the FTDI board to the STM32 blue pill board at the same time. Is there a chance that I might have blown my board up? The power LED works fine and the PC13 green led blinks. So what is the problem and why am I not able to upload code? Is it because I am using Mac or anything else?

Thank you

I don't think those boards need an FTDI chip but have the serial comms already on board. Just plug it into a usb cable and follow one of the many tutorials on the web.

Mike.

I don't think those boards need an FTDI chip but have the serial comms already on board. Just plug it into a usb cable and follow one of the many tutorials on the web.

Mike.
So the micro USB port on board the chip can be directly connected to a computer and the code can be uploaded directly? Can I please get a Link to your tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back