Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STK600 unable to connect to pc as it is asking for driver..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nihal_2000

Hi,
I have bought STK600; I am finding it difficult to connect it to computer.
The moment I connect I get a message to update a driver for it. As per my knowledge there is no driver provided with kit.
I have downloaded AVR Studio 4.17 (build 666) as kit DVD contains Studio 4.13 service pack, it is recommended there to check web site for latest version. So now I have AVR Studio 4.17 installed on my system.
My system is running on Windows XP, further detail as follows:

CPU: Intel core to duo 4400@2.00GHz,
RAM: 3GB
Hard disk: 80GB

My system full fills all basic system requirements to run STK600.
Please guide me how to connect development kit to system? Is there any driver requires for this card?
Hope you early reply.
Thanks a lot!

The USB drivers is distributed with AVR Studio and can be installed during the installation of AVR Studio.

In order to use an AVR Tool with USB connection it is required to install the USB driver. Please do NOT connect your AVR Tools to the computer before running the USB Setup from the AVR Studio setup file.

To install the USB driver, check the Install/Upgrade USB Driver checkbox during the setup of AVR Studio, and the USB Driver will automatically be installed.

When the USB driver is installed, please attach the USB cable to the PC. The 'Found New Hardware Wizard' should now appear. If asked, please choose "Install the software automatically", then click "Next" a couple of times. AVR Studio should now be able to detect the AVR Tool.

If the AVR Studio for some reason can't detect the AVR Tool after the USB setup, try to restart the computer in order to get the drivers properly loaded. If you cannot communicate with your AVR Tool after this, please take a look at this link.

If the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' can not find the USB drivers automatically, you can try to manually specify the folder;

.........\Program Files\Atmel\AVR Tools\usb

For more information on how to install the USB drivers, please take a look at the "Software and USB Setup" chapter in the AVR Tools User Guide found in the Help files of AVR Studio:

AVR Studio --> Help --> AVR Tools User Guide --> then find 'AVR Studio' within the Content page in the HTML Help and expand it --> Introduction --> USB Driver Installation

The USB driver can be installed even after AVR Studio have been installed by following the procedure explained in the "Software and USB Setup" chapter in the AVR Tools User Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back