Stepper motor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsfoto

Hi,

I bought a stepper motor many many years ago and forgot the amperage rating.

Is there a way to fiddle it out ? I measured the Ohm of the coils, Bipolar 4 wires only, and it is 27 Ohm each coil.

Can I assume a 12V rating and so the amperage used for this stepper is 0.45 Amp ?

Thanks for any tip

regards Rainer

That is fairly high resistance for a typical small stepper, what is the physical size of the motor.
Are you sure it is not a AC synchronous version, i.e. made to operate on the mains frequency?

That is fairly high resistance for a typical small stepper, what is the physical size of the motor.
Are you sure it is not a AC synchronous version, i.e. made to operate on the mains frequency?
Hi,

It is a NEMA17 (42mm square or 1.7x1") and 32mm long and yes I am sure it is not for 110V as I used it already many years ago. I bought it from POLOLU and looked at their website and they do not have that motor anymore.

Thanks Rainer

Hi,

I guess mistery is solved. I found this one, similar to mine and it has 0.4amp with 30 Ohm resistance.

My motor is the silver/black one. Now I can adjust the A4988 and do some tests with my arduino and CNC shield.

Thanks Rainer

Attachments

• Stepper_Unknown_0.jpg
    778.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Stepper_Unknown_1.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 225
looking up similar size and resistance for steppers in the Oriental Motor cat. that would be fairly close at 12vdc.
About 22Oz-in (15.7N-cm) holding torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…