Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor ...

rsfoto

Hi,

I bought a stepper motor many many years ago and forgot the amperage rating.

Is there a way to fiddle it out ? I measured the Ohm of the coils, Bipolar 4 wires only, and it is 27 Ohm each coil.

Can I assume a 12V rating and so the amperage used for this stepper is 0.45 Amp ?

Thanks for any tip

regards Rainer

That is fairly high resistance for a typical small stepper, what is the physical size of the motor.
Are you sure it is not a AC synchronous version, i.e. made to operate on the mains frequency?

That is fairly high resistance for a typical small stepper, what is the physical size of the motor.
Are you sure it is not a AC synchronous version, i.e. made to operate on the mains frequency?
Hi,

It is a NEMA17 (42mm square or 1.7x1") and 32mm long and yes I am sure it is not for 110V as I used it already many years ago. I bought it from POLOLU and looked at their website and they do not have that motor anymore.

Thanks Rainer

Hi,

I guess mistery is solved. I found this one, similar to mine and it has 0.4amp with 30 Ohm resistance.

My motor is the silver/black one. Now I can adjust the A4988 and do some tests with my arduino and CNC shield.

Thanks Rainer

Attachments

• Stepper_Unknown_0.jpg
    Stepper_Unknown_0.jpg
    778.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Stepper_Unknown_1.JPG
    Stepper_Unknown_1.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 207
looking up similar size and resistance for steppers in the Oriental Motor cat. that would be fairly close at 12vdc.
About 22Oz-in (15.7N-cm) holding torque.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back