Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any type of stepper motors....I suggest L297-L298 combinations for doing your job....you just need to control enable and direction of the motor...rest will be done by them...If you want to do solid work then make one board of it......
refer this..Electronic design

Hello Everyone,
I've been reading and googling, and searching on youtube even. I cannot understand how to wire four transistors to control a stepper motor! :(

Help?

You don't know what you're looking for then =\
**broken link removed**
You should be able to find at least a half dozen other examples.

I was trying to make it simple, then go out and buy a IC. Because I have a couple of transistors right now I can use with this motor.

You wire the common to +VCC and use transistors on each of the four motor windings to ground them to pulse the individual coils. This avoid switching trickiness because it's all low side switching. Commonly used with FET's, you'll need to supply it with approximatly 1/10th of the motor windings current to drive it properly from a standard NPN transistor. Is that clear?

I think I get it, I just got a breadboard so I'll test this. Similar to this right?

EDIT: I'll try it with a couple PN3563's, I don't have 4 of anything else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back