Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

messymaverick

i need big time help on this one please :!:

design a stepper motor controller using a simple digital circuit. it is supposed to activate the phases one by one in cyclic order. the speed of rotation(rev/sec)= no.of steps activated / sec * step angle/360
step angle=1.5 deg
stepper motor current/phase=80mA

design the circuit using johnson ring counter. design the transistor switches using BC557 to drive stepper motor phases.

how do i calculate frequency of the clock signal that will cause the motor to rotate at given speed.

This sounds like another school homework question, 'cause you can get a single IC that can do all you discribe.

nettron1000 said:
This sounds like another school homework question, 'cause you can get a single IC that can do all you discribe.

well how 'bout helpin' me out ? i don't need a single ic to do my job, if that was the case i would have interfaced it using 8255A

ok
you can use a 555 to create the frewuency you need. maybe use a pot to adjust the frequency.
how many steps do you have?
a 4017 is a Jonson counter, but it only counts to 10.

Regarding the frequency - you should know the number of degrees per step of the motor - from that you would know the number of steps per revolution. Now all you need to do is determine, for the driver/control, how many clock cycles are required for a step. If during the stepping process there is one step per clock cycle then it's easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back