Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Static electricity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electromaniac

Hi there

I was wondering if any one had any ideas on how to make a copper tube type thing become static?

I thought of having a smaller tube inside a bigger one and the smaller one having some sort of cloth on it. Like the sort of trousers that attract dog hairs. And spinning the smaller tube inside the bigger one so that the cloth would rub against it. Would this work? :shock:

diagrap to explain!

**broken link removed**

Do a google search on VandeGraaff generators. These devices use a moving belt to deposite charge on a metal sphear. You could use a similar method to charge your tube.

i have a vague feeling that you can't pick up hairs and that sort of thing, you could pick up the cloth, but the hair would come with it, equally, if you tried to pick up the hair, the cloth would come with it. unless you could ground the cloth but not the hair...

P.S. VandeGraaff are huge ammounts of fun, like the cartoon version of Tesla coils...

Come on people plz give me ideas??????? I’m desperate all my new cloths are covered in hair and I want to get them off with static electricity!!! :D

electromaniac said:
Come on people plz give me ideas??????? I’m desperate all my new cloths are covered in hair and I want to get them off with static electricity!!! :D

Have you considered that if this worked, it would probably be commercially available?.

Static electricity wouldn't have enough pull to remove hairs from clothing, try a clothes brush 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back