starcom UT300R2U modem with exploded capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsung2

here is the case:
my ADSL 2+ router is almost dieing. so i was looking for a new one which is slightly expensive for me right now.
i found another router in a relative's house which he said I could have.

obviously it wasn't working so i opened it up. and just as i suspected, it had 2 blown what looks like capacitors.

the problem is these are a weird kind of capacitors, brown in color and flat and have it's legs far apart. on the circuit board it says C432 and C433. now i don't know what's the rating of theses things, coz there were only 2 of those capacitors in there and both have blown.

I can't find the schematic on-line, is there anything I can do?

also, on closer examination, i found what looks like a transistor just below the capacitors that seems to have cracked. It says D402 next to it. and besides it's three legs, it says A, C and AC (on the base). it that a transistor?

The best thing would be to get hold of another similar piece and compare and try to replace parts taking guidance from a working one. If a modem cant be located perhaps seek help some one having such, can open take few well focused close up shots and try to upload, to help you.
I had one till recently but swapeed it to some one else across WA3002G4.

A component number prefixed with a D that has three legs is usually a diode gate, transistors are almost universally prefixed with Q

the D402 could be imagined like 2 diodes in series
an example is smd , BAT54C
data sheet attached. see the formation in BAT54C
one pin can be Anode(A), another Cathode(C), the third is common "AC"

Attachments

• bat54.pdf
    32.3 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Perhaps amsung2 has not indicated the make and model number of the "another Router" that he got from his relative. he may indicate the same and with a possible photograph along with details.
If he is from India, Perhaps, I may be able to help, as I have access to many such types of modems as Used by BSNL an Indian ISP. Atleast I could get few Photos of the PCB and the component values to help amsung2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…