Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spindle motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naveed Akram

hi,
i urgently need the circuit of spindle motor driver,, thee motor input is 18v and 1.5 Amp current and operate with 3 phase.do anyone have its circuit, thanks.

Is there anything top secret with the motor?

There are thousands of three phase spindle drives on the market.

Thank you boncuk, but there is no secret, actually i want to use this motor to uplift a body of some 500/700grams i have searched many motors but they have some flaw in thier it like shape, size and power consumption but i found spindle motor best for my project. but still i am uncertain, because 7200rpm[maximum15000rpm, very rare] can able to lift it or not ,or i use 4 motors to make a uplift. please give your useful oppinion.

It depends very much how you want to lift the weight.

Using the motor like a winch the rpm is far too high.

You can make a reduction gear using sprockets and (shortened) chains of a bicycle.

Reducing rpm increases torque on the winch shaft.

Actually you won't require a 3 phase motor to lift a weight of 500 to 700g. A toy motor with reduction gear will do the job.

You could also use a windshield wiper motor salvaged from a junk car. Windshield wiper motors are fairly strong and they are already fitted with a reduction gear. All you have to do for continuous operation is shorting the limit switch (which turns off the motor when wipers are at parking position).

Boncuk

Last edited:
ok, with sprocket and a little cycle chain, how much easy you make my work with a toy motor, which one can stop with just putting a finger on it, and about car wiper motor, dude i am not going to make a boeing aircraft with such a heavy motor, but thanks for your suggestion.

how much easy you make my work with a toy motor, which one can stop with just putting a finger on it,

There are toy motors you better don't try to stop with a finger. They burn it pretty fast. Lifting a weight of 500 to 700g doesn't require a high torque motor. It just requires the right transmission ratio. (See model cranes in toyshops)

and about car wiper motor, dude i am not going to make a boeing aircraft with such a heavy motor, but thanks for your suggestion.

I have the impression you never saw a wiper motor.

And please omit the "dude" in any replies. I guess we never have played in the sand together.

Boncuk

actually,the situation is, i am working on a project, in which i need everything very light, working on the aerial vehicle,thats why i cannot employ wiper motor,as my another friend uses it in autonomous welding machine.and other way make a use of BLDC/DC motor with a mechanical gear system may decrease its mechanical advantage and i have to lift a body of 700grams, by the way my real concern is three phase spindle motor circuit ,so have care about it. thanks

No more replies from my side, keeping the motor schematic and technical description secret (as already mentioned).

Boncuk

P.S. Just for a change, could you please solve that problem for me? I have a 135KW three phase motor and want to move 500,000 cubicmeters of air per hour at a total fan pressure of 2,400Pa at a wind speed not exceeding 80km/h. Questions: What should be the fan diameter, how many blades should it have and which pitch angle should the blades have? (assuming aerodynamic shape of the blades)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back