Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed controler circuit for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

russdana

I am after a circuit diagram for a speed controler circuit for use with a motor.

I'm looking for a few different ones so any help would be greatly recieved
thanks.

It would help a lot if you said what kind of motor.

The Control of different types of motors are Totally Different types of controls.

Gary

Hi

Attached is a simple speed control that uses either a 555 or 7555 IC.
The IC can only operate at a max of 200ma, so if your motor draws more than that maybe you could use a transistor switch-Im not sure.But if your motor draws less than 200ma then this circuit should do the job.
Hope it helps. :wink:

Attachments

• motor_speed_control.jpg
    motor_speed_control.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 381
unfortunatly that cct will not control the speed. For true speed controll you need speed feedback and a closeloop system the "error" of the demand and the speed feedback then can be used to drive something like the 555 cct above

Thanks styx

I see what you mean.This is just a basic speed control circuit that I found out of a book.Its not the best design for true speed I must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back