Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed Boxing Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashymashy

Hi guys,

So for my project im trying to design a system that once attached to a speedbox it would be able to capture Impact and force applied to it. Bascially I want to show to the user the number of hits and also the forces.

So far my research has led me to use an Accelerometer such as (ADXL330).

So Im wondering if i were to use that accelerometer, what kind of circuit do i need to build around it?
Like does it require a Microprocessor with resonators and all that jazz? or can i simply power the sensor up externally and just take the output voltage reading of it and send it to a PC via Xbee Transmitters and use software to translate it?

I would appreciate your inputs on how to use an Accelerometer for my application!

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back