Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spark without battries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone Electro said:
Killl a instect? Never tryed that.
Some of the more tough flys take a few zaps before they drop down dead. I doubt it works with some of the bigger insects like cockroaches though, I flyback transtormer will probably zap them but that would smell really nasty.

razielworthy said:
That's so rude from the kids, you shall teach them not to heart each other.
I wonder if he means Love , Deheart , Tripple bypass Heart or Aztec permanent removal?

Someone Electro said:
Killl a instect? Never tryed that.

When it becomes summer I shall Catch some bees (or other flying insect) and freeze them. Then I will bring them back to life with a shock! Although it may kill them in the process...

Most insects die when frozen because ice crystals from in their blood.

Interestingly some insects are active during the winter in the UK despite the fact it can get very cold, I wonder how they cope with it.

audioguru said:
:lol: :lol: Kaboom!
Actually, nothing happens unless the air to gasoline ratio is about 14.5. If the mixture is too rich or is too lean then it won't burn.

That's quite true. I have done that before under controlled conditions. You can actually extinguish a lit match in gasoline, provided you can control the emanating vapors. Liquid gasoline will quench a fire, but the vapors will certainly ignite.

I've heard, that it's safer to drive a car with a full tank than an empty tank because an empty tank is more likely to explode as is contains a mixture of air and petrol vapour.

Hero999 said:
I've heard, that it's safer to drive a car with a full tank than an empty tank because an empty tank is more likely to explode as is contains a mixture of air and petrol vapour.

It's only American cars that explode! - in the rest of the world it almost never happens!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back