Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spark absorber circuit?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I used the 1n4004 rectifier diode.
I used it in both directions with different ones, (not at the same time). From negative to positve, and from positive to negative.
What do you think about that device of the link in my previous post?

Thanks.

Hi,
What do you think about that device of the link in my previous post?

Thanks.

It won't do anything for you. You need to find the source of the surge and eliminate it. Please tell me exactly how you connected the diode. Saying "From negative to positive" and such doesn't mean anything to me. Where exactly did you connect it. Was it parallel to the motor, etc.

hi thanks Brownout for your help.

I put it in parallel with the batery in both directions, like the scketches below, one of them

batery------------0---------0(switch)------postive motor
I
I
---------- _V_--------negative motor

batery------------/\---------0(switch)------postive motor
I
I
---------- ----------negative motor

1) I don't know what your diagram means. Please post a proper schematic that shows the circuit.
2) The diode goes across ( parallel to ) the motor
3) Please look up the definition of parallel and series.

Last edited:
Diode

Hook it up like below if you can get to it.

Attachments

• diode.PNG
    diode.PNG
    56.2 KB · Views: 139
Thanks Ronv,

I did it like that in paralell with the batery, so instead of being next to the motor, it is next to the batery.

So i need something, to protect those contacts, but to put in the batery before supplying power to the circuit.

Thanks.

Best regards.
Frank.

Thanks Ronv,

I did it like that in paralell with the batery, so instead of being next to the motor, it is next to the batery.

Best regards.
Frank.

Why not connect the way that's been suggested over and over? If you don't do it correctly, then you can't expect it to work properly.

Hi Brownout,

I apologize if the information I have given so far is not very good.

Like I said, the idea is to have it in paralell with the batery. So we dont need to get to the switch or the motor.

Thanks for all your helps guys.

Hi Brownout,

I apologize if the information I have given so far is not very good.

Like I said, the idea is to have it in paralell with the batery. So we dont need to get to the switch or the motor.

Thanks for all your helps guys.

It must be connected to the motor. It won't work by simply connecting to the battery. You don't have any path to a solution if you can't connect to the motor, as far as I know.

hi thanks for your reply.

I can see it very well, I dont want to open it and modify the device, if i do, then it needs an engineer to do a full report, and pass all certificates or aprovals.

If i do something external, then I am not modifying the machine.

thanks.

I can see it very well, I dont want to open it and modify the device, if i do, then it needs an engineer to do a full report, and pass all certificates or aprovals.

That sort of sounds suspicious to me being 11.1 volt LiPo is typically cordless hand tool or toy power.

What is the actual device you are working with anyway and the true reason for the sparking concern? Its almost impossible to help anyone who does not give the full information relating to the supposed problem at hand.

Certificates and Aprovals? What kind of battery powered device needs all that?
then it needs an engineer
Then get an engineer to fix it.
If i do something external
Thare is nothing you can do externally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back