Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound detecting circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

manz

hi there...

does anyone know/have a circuit to detect sound. i would define sound as in for the finger snapping (i dont know what it`s actually called) or maybe clapping.

just a simple circuit would be ok, that is to trigger a relay or so when it detected that sound.

thanks a lot.

The detector you describe might be a microphone and an amplifier. It seems a common microphone element is the electret mic - Radio Shack used to sell them at low cost. An speaker can work as an amplifier. I know many of the Radio Shack and other introductory circuits books have nice, simple circuits for this - from relatively common parts. Sorry I don't have links but a quick google on audio amplifier ought to produce some results.

The attached schematic might work for you.

AllVol

Last edited:
I just read my own response from yesterday. I said "a speaker can work as an amplifier". I should have said a speaker can work as a microphone.

Clapper circuit:
**broken link removed**

Or search this website/forums for "clapper circuit". There are a lot of them out there. AllVol gave you the start to make your own from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back