Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sonic Bark Deterrent

Burial

I have found videos detailing how to make a good high frequency anti barking device using a frequency generator and a couple tweeters. But what I'd like to do is add a remote control so I can activate it from anywhere on my property. I just want to carry a button with me that I can hit when the dogs are barking. Is there a way to accomplish this? This was says 25 feet. Is there a way to extend this to like 50 feet?

Thanks

Last edited:
What is current and V needs of the amplifier, the load to be switched ?

Regards, Dana.

There is no evidence that negative reinforcement with ultrasonic audio works to train an animal. Just because you can't hear it doesn't mean it annoys them. Even if it does annoy them, (like a choke collar or yelling at the dog), it doesn't mean it trains them. My neighbor yells at his dog every day and it does the same thing. There is strong evidence that negative reinforcement only makes dogs aggressive instead of obedient.

You can train a dog with positive reinforcement and link that with a clicker so the dog eventually feels rewarded with a click - a random honk (even a honk in the ultrasonic) is not going to get a dog to stop barking.... but who am I to be untrusting of an expert on YouTube?

Now, continue with your project.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back