Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some help needed to build my zapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
..from an artistic point of view of the operation.....

Haha, that's funny.
I'm going to build the device to perform some test. I will use the device to perform other non-biological test. So, forget about the biological test.

I have all the components and I'm assembling the circuit, I will post some photos because I don't know if I have built in the correct way.

Looks like a fun easy circuit to build.

The zapping part not to sure about but as long its only a 9V battery, maybe we could all use a zap every once in a while.

Righhht. Better than drilling holes in your head. It does nothing medically though.
Remember a fool and their money are soon parted.

I think the device should be used on the tongue of a fool who thinks it kills parasites and bacteria. It will tingle a little on the tongue.

Hmm tongue and sun don't shine. Both good conductors and a path through the heart. A few ma and... Wonder what the paramedics would say, although they might wonder what happend to the gerbil.

I think the zapper is supposed to kill parasites and bacteria, not kill the fool who tries it.

Hmm tongue and sun don't shine. Both good conductors and a path through the heart. A few ma and... Wonder what the paramedics would say, although they might wonder what happend to the gerbil.

That's the question that was begging to be asked.
You nailed it right on the head.

Haha, that's funny.
I'm going to build the device to perform some test. I will use the device to perform other non-biological test. So, forget about the biological test.

What kind of "tests" were you going to do?

Last edited:
parasites

It is an oscillator. It can drive a piezo transducer to deafen the parasites so they move away.
Do parasites have ears?

Only on their tongues and "where the sun don't shine":rolleyes:;)

They do work, not perfectly, but they do

From what I have seen and heard, the only ones who say that they do not work are the ones who have not tried them. I surfed the Internet and there is a lot of information posted on not only sites promoting them but on independent forums as well. I built one almost 12 years ago and have been using them since.

This is not new and has plenty of medical evidence. Read "Body Electric" by Dr. Robert O. Becker, M.D.

It is only the drug companies and medical establishment that does not want it to work because they can not make money from it.

IF you build a circuit that produces thousands of volts at a fairly low current so it almost electocutes you then it will kill the GOOD bacteria in your body that perform digestion and you will DIE. But this circuit produces a low voltage at a low current so you don't feel anything.

If you believe the zapper lies then I wonder what I can sell to you.

Hilarious thread. :)

Assuming one probe in each hand (as per post #1) I just tested a resistance fo the human body at about 300k ohms. 9v battery into 300k gives about 30uA.

Assuming the bacteria are in your torso the cross sectional area of your torso where the current flows through is about 10*12 inches so that is 120 sq inches so there is about 30/120 = 250nA per square inch. This is all assuming roughly equal conductance.

Now if a bacteria is 0.0001" in diameter (area of 0.00000001" sq) and swimming in that 1 square inch of body tissue, it will get 250nA * 0.00000001 or 0.0025pA through it. Assuming it conducts as good as the fluid it is swimming in, which of course is very unlikely...

If you want to test the device, get 2 test tubes of about 1" square area and fill with saline solution similar conductivity to blood, and equal bacteria in each. Then put 250nA through one of the test tubes (1" square area).

Then show us the microscope photos to see IF the bacteria in the test tube with 250nA dies any quicker than the one with no current. :)

The numbers are not really correct

Try this, take 2 pieces of 5 inch long by 3/4 inch dia copper pipe. Connect 1 to positive and 1 to negative leads of your ohmmeter. Make a glass of salt water ( 8 oz tap water with 1 tblsp of salt ). Wrap each piece of pipe with 1 layer of white paper towel, covering the copper completely. Dip the pipes and towels into the glass of water long enough to saturate then remove. With the meter on, place 1 rod in each hand and lightly squeeze for maximum contact and read the meter. Hmmmm, should be less than 1 k ohm. It does vary between individuals and even somewhat from day to day. OK, so recalculate your numbers and watch the video - ParaZapper Works - It is one of several on the internet. There are also demos showing the destruction of bacterial cultures in petri dishes, etc.

I do appreciate your skepticism because I was once skeptical. I really do suggest reading "Body Electric". He even shows you where the body actually has semiconductors in it and how micro-current can grow bone as well as kill germs.

You said "If you want to test the device, get 2 test tubes of about 1" square area and fill with saline solution similar conductivity to blood, and equal bacteria in each. Then put 250nA through one of the test tubes (1" square area)." I think that the video should answer. It is not just the current, it is the vibration from ringing caused by the square waves.

Did you ever see Ella Fitzgerald break the wine glasses?

Last edited:
This is not new and has plenty of medical evidence. Read "Body Electric" by Dr. Robert O. Becker, M.D.

I will bet Dr. R.O.B. is laughing all the way to the bank. You may also be interested in the children's classic, "Yellow Rivers" by I.P. Freely.

The science here is simple. Delusions of being infested with parasites is a well recognized psychological disorder (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_parasitosis). Now, if you really want to provide supporting evidence, please do. I will not, however, enrich the scam artists who play on the psychoses of some unfortunate people.

As for effects of electrical fields on bacteria, that has been studies extensively by the legitimate scientific community. Electric fields may enhance some bacterial actions (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369703X03001499). At much higher fields, bacteria may be inactivated (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18429976). In the latter citation, note that the fields were on the order of 45KV/cm. There are numerous other references to such studies.

Bacteria can also be separated (i.e., electrophoresis) by high fields, but they are not killed in the process. That method was proposed as a way to help identify bacteria.

John

Last edited:
Again, watch the video, only 9 volts was used and even as low as 5 volts works. As for Dr. Becker, he is is highly reputed in the medical industry. As for the studies that you mention, they are not the only ones. Dr. Becker's book is the result of over 30 years of studies that were published in major scientific publications. It is a shame that those esteemed scientist are not able to kill microbes with hundreds of volts when I can do it with less than 10. It does make me wonder about what their agenda might be or how they can fail so badly at something so simple.

There is a definite difference between the DC used in electrophoresis, which BTW I have experience with, and Pulsed Electrical Fields. I used to be a chromaphotographer back in the 70's and 80's. I know ancient history.

As for delusional parasitosis, I know that in at least some cases it is the parasitologist who are delusional. To refuse to check for parasites when reported is malpractice at the very least. The problem is often that they are too lazy and uncaring to look.

The same problem exists in many other aspects of life. Some people just are too narrow minded to look beyond the end of their noses. It has only been a short time since the earth was flat and the center of the universe and life came from spontaneous generation. These things were perpetuated by a refusal to look.

Don't scoff, prove it or disprove it! Start with the resistance test that I offered.

Last edited:
This thread gets better and better.
It is not just the current, it is the vibration from ringing caused by the square waves.
Would you care to explain how current ~ 250nA (square-wave or otherwise) produces significant (or indeed any) ringing and/or vibration? Are there nano-loudspeakers etc directed at the parasites? What is the resonant frequency of a parasite (it's mechanical resonance that breaks wine glasses)?

Read about the "doctor" (who sold many expensive parasite zappers) in Google. The US government said it didn't work and tried to stop her from selling her expensive garbage. Then she was a fugitive and moved to Mexico where she continued to sell her expensive junk.
People don't have parasites unless they drink polluted water in Africa. Then they take a modern medicine to get rid of them.
Low voltages don't kill parasites.
The doctor died from a disease that her fake remedy could not cure.

Why are you talking about killing bacteria which are not parasites?
Why do you believe the lies about a low voltage zapper?

@CPUDave
I'm considering designing an electronic device to cure male baldness. Its planned selling price is $10000, but if I were to offer you one at a discounted price of $5000 would you be interested?

Try this, take 2 pieces of 5 inch long by 3/4 inch dia copper pipe. Connect 1 to positive and 1 to negative leads of your ohmmeter. Make a glass of salt water ( 8 oz tap water with 1 tblsp of salt ). Wrap each piece of pipe with 1 layer of white paper towel, covering the copper completely. Dip the pipes and towels into the glass of water long enough to saturate then remove. With the meter on, place 1 rod in each hand and lightly squeeze for maximum contact and read the meter. Hmmmm, should be less than 1 k ohm.

I apologise Dave for my hasty assumption that squeezing the multimeter probes would give a decent reading of the body resistance. It sound logical that your large copper electrodes wetted with saline would give a much better conduction, and rather than test it I will believe your figure of 1k if that was from an actual test.

That does increase the current from 250nA per sq inch to 75uA per sq inch, and it's possible that will have some effect on bacteria.

It's also possible that passing an electric current through the body would have some effect on the human nervous (electrical) system, either real or perceived. As far as a DC pulsed "resonant" frequency of bacteria that sounds a bit far fetched.

Good luck with your research. It might be someone like you who cures cancer, we all know the academics can't. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back