Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering & charges!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hell,

Does Soldering have anything to do with Charges?
My friend told me that they have been told by a mobile phone reaper man that A negative or specially ground wires are soldered very badly due to charges in the ciruits?!!!!!

Hell,

Does Soldering have anything to do with Charges?
My friend told me that they have been told by a mobile phone reaper man that A negative or specially ground wires are soldered very badly due to charges in the ciruits?!!!!!

A reaper man? Sounds grim. I think something is getting lost in the translation.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Soldering is not affected by and has nothing to do with charge(s) in the circuit being soldered. Soldering is strictly a thermo-metalurgical process.

Bad soldering can cause unexpected performance in a circuit... but charges have nothing to do with soldering.

It could be that he was talking about static charges on the iron itself. Make sure you use a good soldering iron with a ground prong to make sure static doesn't buildup on the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back