Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Led Streetlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatuno06

HI!!! i have a project in hand and i need to used an solar energy suplly and 40 LED´S to do a STREETLIGHT, the problem is that i don´t know what i need to build the circuit :eek:

can anyone HELP me????

SOLAR ENERGY + 40 LED´S + right circuit = SOLAR LED STREETLIGHT

PLEASE HELP ME

Street lights have to be pretty bright, you're not going to be able to practically power one using a solar panel.

Use a fluroscent tube or even a sodium lamp rather than LEDs and a solar pannel won't provide enough power so add a wind turbine as well.

Well I'll be... Apparently there are actually commercial LED street lamps available.

**broken link removed**

Even comes with a solar panel / grid switch kit.
I feel kind of silly for saying it wasn't possible =) Isn't google fun!

Last edited:
My Avira anti-virus software detected a virus from that street light site.
Aren't computer viruses fun??!

The solar panel looks bigger than my home.
The street light must cost a fortune.

Lol why would they bug that site? It is probably a tracking bug.

What do you want to use this for?
You could have a motion sensor turn on this device when someone walks near it which would dramatically reduce the panel and battery requirements.

But actually lighting several hundred sq ft adequately would require a LOT of LEDs, being on intermittently will not change that problem. You could overdrive them a bit but that only goes so far.

Sad truth is sodium/mercury vapor lights are actually substantially more efficient than LEDs or compact flourescent. Actually even the CFL is more efficient than LEDs.

At high power levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back