Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti feedback technology is incorporated into mobile phones, boombars and the like so you can have a phonecall via loudspeaker without feedback, maybe you can borrow this technology, I've never gone into it but I suspect it uses a Dsp, digital signal processor.
There is another issue here, mechanical feedback, I've known problems with sustain pedals causing this, when you put a guitar in a stand with sustain effect you can get bad feedback.

Anti feedback technology is incorporated into mobile phones, boombars and the like so you can have a phonecall via loudspeaker without feedback, maybe you can borrow this technology, I've never gone into it but I suspect it uses a Dsp, digital signal processor.
There is another issue here, mechanical feedback, I've known problems with sustain pedals causing this, when you put a guitar in a stand with sustain effect you can get bad feedback.
Thanks! ElectroPhonic and Fusion guitars solved this problem so I have to learn from them too.

Hi Everyone,

I think this Instructables Project will be very usefull in this Post:

Best Reards!

Hi Everyone,

I think this Instructables Project will be very usefull in this Post:

Best Reards!
Thanks a lot! Rock on!

The guitar wood working Instructables project does not mention preventing acoustical feedback howling.
Pluck a string and the speaker plays it and vibrates the string forever!

The guy says he's not a pro, the workshop he's using looks like its owned by a pro or keen hobbyist.
Nevertheless thats a nice tidy guitar, I ownder if it sounds good, it takes a lot to make a guitar sound good, even an electric.
I notice it didnt look like there was any effects built in, if you were going to have effects then you'd need an lcd display too.

Pluck a string and the speaker plays it and vibrates the string forever!
that's the principle behind a device known as the "E-Bow" which was a handheld device that you held close to the string, and magnetically provided feedback to the string. the effect is very similar to a violin. there have been a lot of guitars with a solid metal billet (usually aluminum, sometimes brass) that makes up the core of the guitar including the bridge and neck in an effort to get more natural (but very long) sustain there are even guitars made completely of aluminum, but they are a bit on the heavy side). there have also been other methods such as mounting a mass driver (like a speaker, but the voice coil drives a solid mass attached to the guitar body) to get controllable and very long sustain. like a speaker, the mass driver requires an amplifier.

Violinists might not like to hear that!
I remember the ebow form when I was in the music business, interesting gizmo, you can play anything with metal strings, even a barbecue grill.

you can play anything with metal strings, even a barbecue grill
Wow!
Mine has never been anywhere near that powerful, it has to be almost touching the strings to do anything at all.
Not having anything to compare it to, I thought that was how they were and never really bothered with it.

I'm now guessing it may have been faulty from new!

IMG_1148a.jpg

A dog down the street from me makes noises like that when it hears an ambulance.

It needs to have his toaster-oven professionally tuned. That thing sounds terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back