Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar cemetery candle led lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky-Luka

Hi all
My parents occasionally ask me to recharge 2 AA batteris for cemetery candle led lamps they use for their dead parents.
I would like to turn those lamps into solar ones.
I've seen that in garden light solutions QX5252F ICs are often used but I've noticed that when the light hit the solar panel QX5252F keeps the LED turned OFF while in darkness it turns the LED ON. I would like to have the LED always turned ON.
Any ideas?
Thanks
p.s. QX5252E are almost impossible to find

Attachments

• lamp.jpg
    lamp.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 166
If you buy solar lights, they generally only turn on at night, as you said. If you connect the solar cell, through a diode, directly to the battery (rather than to the control IC), you can bypass that part of the circuit. The LED will then be on all the time, provided that the battery voltage is high enough.

The battery in a solar garden light or maybe also in the solar candle light is only one 1.2V. The QX5252F IC steps up the voltage and limits the current for the LED.
If you bypass or remove the IC then you need a battery with more voltage and more current, a current-limiting resistor for the LED and a much larger solar panel. If you want the battery to charge on cloudy days then the solar panel will need to be huge and a battery charger circuit is needed to prevent an explosion on sunny days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back