Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Battery Charger For Ni-MH Batteries from article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inferno-prime

I have revised my previous idea & I want to use this design () since it is affordable for me.

I just have a few questions about this design.

1.I don't want to have the 12v output. Can I safely remove that or is it hardwired to the point where it can not be removed.

2.I would like to know if I could use my 5v 500mah solar panel. Because at most I will only charge 2 batteries at once which I am sure will take a while.

Thanks.

The circuit in the link has many errors that need fixing and must be completely re-designed to use your 5V solar panel.
Go to www.batteryuniversity.com to learn about the important steps in charging Ni-MH battery cells, then find a battery charger IC that does all the steps. The simple circuit you showed does not detect a full charge, instead it stops when the battery is under-charged or over-charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back