Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar-->AA Rechargable Batteries-->USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepspacem32

I am trying to design an extremely simple circuit that uses a solar panel to Charge AA batteries, which then power's electronics over USB.

Here are the materials I have so far.

Solar Panel: 6V 830mA (Actual max seems ~7V) Amazon.com: New 6V,830mA Portable Travelling Solar Charger for Cell Phone w/ USB charging cable,GPS,DC,MP3/4: Home Improvement

Zener Diodes: 12V 1N4742A 12V Zener Diode - RadioShack.com

5V Regulator: +5V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7805 - RadioShack.com

I also have:
7AA Batteries each ~1.85V-1V Rated 2500mA each
AA battery holder
Small breadboard
Project box
Simple sliding switch

Notes: USB is 500mA-1A at 5V.

Solar Panel-->Zener>--AA-->5V Regulator>-->Zener>--USB

Is this circuit possible with the above materials, even if the materials above are not ideal?

It is possible, but you're going to need a fairly large solar aray to charge those big AA batteries. What I don't understand is why do you have a 5V regulator, and then a zener diode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back