Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So what's got your underwear frosted?

How do you rate your weather this winter.

• Freakin cold.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's so cold I hate everything and and everyone.

• To drunk to notice.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese and Rice...:rolleyes:

They are all based on common language and past time of my region of the world where politically correct people get left out in the street to freeze to death. :p

My 5 year old daughter and my 8 and 11 year old nieces know how to use **** "freakin" in a sentence in a humorous way so I don't have a problem with the word.

I would edit my poll if I could but I can't so eat your cheese and rice and freakin like it. o_O :p

Last edited by a moderator:
'Freakin Cold' would have more appropriate, considering this:

Mod Edit... Swearing resolved

I see most of the continental US is getting hit hard with the cold and it makes everyone cranky so with that how about sharing your frostbitten frustrations with everyone?

Power not working reliably.
Pipes froze solid.
Shoveling snow until you scream.
Heaters not quite keeping up.
Feel like you're burning money just staying alive.
The dog is stuck to his favorite fire hydrant.
Wife ran out of meds and went off the deep end.
Public works crews just drive by and give you the finger.

What's really bugging you that is not part of this site is what I am asking! :wideyed:

I wish we had some snow here in Finland. Dark and wet.. not fun. -5C and snow is perfect winter.

I wish we had some snow here in Finland. Dark and wet.. not fun. -5C and snow is perfect winter.

Finally stopped snowing here. This is when the cold snaps and everything freezes.

Edit: When I think of it. Being wet and cold seems much colder as it goes to the bone.

Cheese and Rice...:rolleyes:

They are all based on common language and past time of my region of the world where politically correct people get left out in the street to freeze to death. :p

My 5 year old daughter and my 8 and 11 year old nieces know how to use resolved in a sentence in a humorous way so I don't have a problem with the word.

I would edit my poll if I could but I can't so eat your cheese and rice and resolved like it. o_O :p

I almost forgot something whilst reporting your post to the admin/mods for 'language' as per YOUR rules...

Teaching your 5 year old the use of resovled? Plus your 8 & 11 year old nieces?
Quite the role-model.

I almost forgot something whilst reporting your post to the admin/mods for 'language' as per YOUR rules...

Teaching your 5 year old the use of resolved'? Plus your 8 & 11 year old nieces?
Quite the role-model.

Underwear pulled up a bit tight tonight? :rolleyes:

Since when have I ever shown any concern about politically correctness or about PG level wording? Specifically in one of my own threads? :p

Vote me as you wish and report at will. You have every right to do so. ;)

'Freakin Cold' would have more appropriate, considering ...
I am not a native english speaker, so could you please explain to me the difference betwen "****" resolved and "Freakin" cold? Frack, I´d say it is the same freacking word. Even though I can use it in as many "****" resolved ways I deem reasonable.

Underwear pulled up a bit tight tonight? :rolleyes:
Not at all Champ, it's pretty warm around here and quite likely I won't have the need to wear any tonight.

Since when have I ever shown any concern about politically correctness or about PG level wording? Specifically in one of my own threads? :p
Rarely, in fact you show the same regard for politically correctness (your spelling) as you do for not bastardising the English language. Should you not be showing some concern now and attempt to mentor the rest of the forum which you have severely disrupted, as a form of reparation?

Vote me as you wish and report at will. You have every right to do so. ;)

Don't worry yourself there. You created such a furore regarding the rules being clearly re-defined and subsequently being upheld to the letter, surely you should be setting an example for the rest of the forum to follow. I think that you should be held accountable more than most, considering your latest 'input'.

+1 Mickster

I won't say too much as I WILL GET BANNED but if we did permanent ban this clown back in '09 none of this crap would of happened. Just my take on things and take this as you like.

I do have a heap of respect for this forum and some of the members I have met in chat are(I hope) going to be life long online friends. No other forum has been so friendly over the years and the forum family on the good side did come out in support of one of the most influential forum members only to see the way he was treated, no wonder he quit the forum. I copped the same treatment back then and did leave for a good period, then found a big loss by not being in contact in chat and now I do look forward to a morning chat(my time) with forum members.

I have been thinking doing a thread in the lounge about the cnc I have made but held off for now to see how things turn out.

Regards Bryan

Edit: Everytime time I did try and write a reply in Eric's goodbye thread I just couldn't bring myself to words as no words can say what I feel about a guy who has helped not only me but countless other forum members.

The weather here has brought a few headaches my way. On Saturday it hit 40C (104F) and my daughter's hair salon's aircon packed in. Getting an engineer out is almost impossible and every customer on Saturday re-booked rather than sit in the heat. I ended up hiring a portable unit and I'm currently arguing with the landlord as it needs replacing and they want to fix it. The landlord's engineer "fixed" it yesterday but by this afternoon it had given up the ghost again. Luckily it's only high 20s for the next week and the portable unit should suffice.

I know it's nothing compared to what you guys in the U.S. are enduring but it's still very frustrating.

So, keep warm all you guys in the North and we'll watch out for our normal stuff this time of year. (Wildfires, Cyclones, Floods, Droughts, Drop bears, Snakes etc. :D)

Seriously now, stay safe.

Mike.

Mod Edit swearing resolved

Is it really appropriate for all age groups?

I think not!

Lighten up, ya'll. "Heck, darn, shoot, egad" come to mind...

That's why there are euphemisms. It's your brain that substitutes the unacceptabe word.

Last edited:
The blocking determination is done by computers that search for these words or patterns. My expectation is that they do not utilize context to any great degree.

It does not really matter what the definition is or what the intent of the person using one of there 'bad' words was.

Woke up to + 24 F today! yesterday was 0 and calm which honestly felt nice to be outside in after most of weeks worth of -35 to -60 F wind chill temps.!

So far the weather guessers are thinking this may stay around for a week or two if not longer now which is great by me. I have outside stuff to do that doesn't work well at 0 and below. :woot:
--------------------
As far as words go they are just words. Not sharp pointy objects. :rolleyes:

If grade school level words hurt or upset you thats your problem not mine. Relating to the age appropriate thing, honestly the only reason that's there to keep the holier than thou group pacified and we all know it. :angelic:

As kids go most can match a sailors mouth and linguistic colorings by age 10 or less. :troll:

A: The word is mightier then 'sharp pointy objects'.

B: In the post prior to yours I explained about the language thing. What can and can't be used here is up to EM. It was my understanding that he did not want ETO showing up as a blocked site.

A: The word is mightier then 'sharp pointy objects'.

B: In the post prior to yours I explained about the language thing. What can and can't be used here is up to EM. It was my understanding that he did not want ETO showing up as a blocked site.
Just curious.

Who or what declares a site "blocked" (other than a user or a parent)? The language I've seen used on, for instance, FB :)eek:) pulls no punches and appears to be without censure.

Problem is, a "bleep" or "^&**&&^^&%" or s**t or just a space in the middle of the sentence are all, in essence, euphemisms.

I have always assumed that any censorship applied to a post in ETO is first and primarily a responsibility of the poster(s).

If the mods want to censure words they find offensive, more power to them if (the first if) said word(s) contribute nothing to the context of the post.

AND if they understand that censorship is an enormously slippery slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back