Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So what's got your underwear frosted?

How do you rate your weather this winter.

• Freakin cold.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's so cold I hate everything and and everyone.

• To drunk to notice.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
I see most of the continental US is getting hit hard with the cold and it makes everyone cranky so with that how about sharing your frostbitten frustrations with everyone?

Power not working reliably.
Pipes froze solid.
Shoveling snow until you scream.
Heaters not quite keeping up.
Feel like you're burning money just staying alive.
The dog is stuck to his favorite fire hydrant.
Wife ran out of meds and went off the deep end.
Public works crews just drive by and give you the finger.

What's really bugging you that is not part of this site is what I am asking! :wideyed:

You have my sympathies with your brass monkey weather.
Here in Scotland it is relatively warm for January, but we seem to be having alternate days of dry and a little bit of sun and days where it is very dark an pouring with rain.

I hate the dark days, it messes with my head and depresses me, and I just want to crawl into a corner and feel sorry for myself.
Then when the sun comes out, I instantly brighten up and want to get out and do things.

When it snows here, that is OK with me because it makes things nice and bright even when it is cloudy, so I am happy.

JimB

Sunday we had -27 F with windchill pushing things to -50 to -60 F.

I dressed up and went out to the shop for a while anyway. I didn't mind it really! I grew up with this sort of stuff.

I did have to turn the boiler all the way up to 200F and run the propane burner on the furnace on top of the hot water heating system for about an hour to get the house up to 72.

While I was out I took the 150 watt peel and stick pad heater off my forklift transmission and stuck to to one of the 100# propane cylinders that runs my Mr heater Big Buddy radiant heater.

I am thinking the last load of propane I ordered was junk. At anything below -10 F I don't have any tank pressure whereas all the years before that heater would work on high even at -30 F nights.

Our area is not used to such conditions, the whole region has been shut down for 2 days now...Sunday into Monday we got 12" of snow...on top of 10" from 4 days earlier....then the cold set in with winds 25-40MPH...I hope to be able to go to work tomorrow (Wednesday)

Cold and dark, getting depressed!
Lows of 3 and 5F last two days.

Snow finally hit us this morning.
getting depressed!

Upping your Dos of vitamin D and a UV lamp will help, my wife and the kids suffer from it, my son likes to get above the clouds and snowboard; I alway's notice the difference when he increases his Vitamin D levels.

Darker skin won't allow Vitamin D from the Sun to absorb as well as someone white; I'm only repeating what I've been told, check into it.

Upping your Dos of vitamin D and a UV lamp will help, my wife and the kids suffer from it, my son likes to get above the clouds and snowboard; I alway's notice the difference when he increases his Vitamin D levels.

Darker skin won't allow Vitamin D from the Sun to absorb as well as someone white; I'm only repeating what I've been told, check into it.

Not a myth. Skin color plays a vital role in how our bodies convert vitamin D or produce it.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/9-things-that-can-undermine-your-vitamin-d-level

I take a good dose every few days and I can tell the difference within a few hours!

Dunno what you´re guys bitchin about, its 12°C or 53°F and today it was beatufil and sunny :cool: (normally it would be like -10°C)
Too bad none of the votes works for me :D

none of those choices are appropriate
Agreed Mike.
The first, 'cold', doesn't apply for me, as I'm far from it.
Mod edit Resolved swearing
The rest appear to be having a dig at people....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back