Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS is bouncing while connected with Peltier Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

I have a peltier cooler TEC1-12706.
I used an SMPS which can give 12 Volt and 20 Ampere. While I am connecting the peltier and cooling fan(Parallel) the cooling fan is bouncing along with the smps(It seems like smps is restarting).
I assume people will say the smps is damaged. But it is working well with other equipments like my other fans and audii amplifier(60Watt).
What could be the problem here? Please see the image of smps if you want to.

Attachments

• 20190424_114307.jpg
    20190424_114307.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 20190424_114243.jpg
    20190424_114243.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 228
Perhaps the SMPS can't provide 6A the peltier (plus whatever the fan needs) requires?
... But it is working well with other equipments like my other fans and audii amplifier(60Watt). ...
But can provide 5A. ...?

What did the SMPS come out of? What are it's specs?

The "bouncing" you mention isn't unusual for some a SMPS as it responds to overload(s).

Last edited:
Perhaps the SMPS can't provide 6A the peltier (plus whatever the fan requires)?

But can provide 5A. ...?

What did the SMPS come out of? What are it's specs?
These SMPSs are sold cheaply around world. It can supply at least 15A I am sure. And I have seen it. I think maybe my peltier has a problem. But peltier is working fine with a 12 V 5A supply. Confused!!!

These SMPSs are sold cheaply around world. It can supply at least 15A I am sure. And I have seen it. I think maybe my peltier has a problem. But peltier is working fine with a 12 V 5A supply. Confused!!!
Might be worth measuring what the peltier unit is actually drawing. Do you have any test equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back