Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart people....dumb predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
predictions1.jpg

Now put up your picture and add your last thought.

I am certain that what I am working on will look bad in 20 years, (or 20 minutes).

About half of those memes have been deemed impossible to prove or debunked as false. Several were originally posted as "interesting lists" filler material in tabloids. In other words, likely made up.

some of them might not be real quotes, but Bill Gates is also credited with the statement "no one will ever need more than 640k of memory", but he never said that either. instead Microsoft and other companies found ways to go beyond 640k. the 640k "limit" was a hardware limitation imposed by the design of the IBM PC. there was actually 1 Meg of address space, but between 640k and 1 Meg was where hardware such as video cards, etc... were mapped to.

some of them might not be real quotes, but Bill Gates is also credited with the statement "no one will ever need more than 640k of memory", but he never said that either. instead Microsoft and other companies found ways to go beyond 640k. the 640k "limit" was a hardware limitation imposed by the design of the IBM PC. there was actually 1 Meg of address space, but between 640k and 1 Meg was where hardware such as video cards, etc... were mapped to.

I recented read a quote that said, Einstein, Bill Gates and Confucius were most commonly involved in made-up quotes - I'm not sure if that is true.

the internet thrives on bogus quotes, as well as bogus statistics... "99.8% of all statistics on the internet are bogus"

memes just take bogus quotes and match them with bogus pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back