Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart Controller for 230v Contactor circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

avmelimited

Hi All,

Im a newbie and am hoping some one can point me in the right direction, basically im trying to design and build a smart IP contactor which can be used
to turn on various ring mains when the contactor is pulled in...

I am looking for idea son how to do this and so far have only found
devices which give me high of low outputs or NO or NC....

Im not sure what i can do after this, i know ill need 230v supply to pull
in the contactor, is there any relay machanisms which i can use that when
the relay receives a NO or NC or high or low it gives the contactor 230V
which then pulls in the contactor...

Im trying to intergrate this in which PHP coding hence building a smart super
contactor which is versatile...

Im hoping some one can shed some extra light on this or point me in the
right direction.

Alan

Alan, what is the source of the controlling signal?

Is it a low-voltage signal?

Is it a contact closure (one that won't tolerate 230V directly, so you need a low voltage relay)?

Is it a contact-closure capable of switching 230V, but the contact rating is insufficient to switch what the contactor will control?

Hi Mike,

Tanks for looking at this, the questions you asked ill try my best to explain

the curcuit currently operates as follows...

Feed from main panel into contactor, the contactor is operated by a fish key which then juices up a small DB board i think which has about 4 ring main attached to it...

This is as i beleive the curcuit to be functioning, but it doesnt matter any way im looking for a comlete solution so if it means low voltage contactors for pulling the ring mains in then fine...

hope this helps, im going to speak to the sparky tomorrow to find out the exact wiring situation...

Alan

Feed from main panel into contactor, the contactor is operated by a fish key which then juices up a small DB board i think which has about 4 ring main attached to it...

Alan

Alan, I have no idea what a "Fish Key" is?

Likewise, a "small DB board"?

Likewise, a "4 ring main"?

If you can answer the questions in the previous post, I may be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back