Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smart card.....or Xphone card circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

well....i am not sure this is possible...
but i want to make a smart card lock....i mean i want to store a code into a smart card and then be able to use the smart card to open somthing.
the only smart cards i can think of is to use phone cards wich don't have credit on them any more..and are also expired...
so how should i do that?
the way i think is to place a code into the card ...and then read that code..and compare it with a stored code and open the lock....
any ideas?

There are also gold-cards, look exactly like a smartcard (but golden :)).
They are used to descramble DVB sattelite transmissions. They contain a PIC16F84 and an EEPROM, so if you know pic programming, these things could do the trick.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

All phone card have different serial number. If You can read these number, the card quite enough for this application.(also without credit.)

yes il like the idea with the serial number.
i assume that it is unique.
so i don't have to worry about putting the number inside it..
ok..
but i still have a bit of a problem....
some cards have 6 contacts some have 8......
i think that the 8 contacts' are older....
i got 2 from 2000(the year)

Atmel has a Smart Card Development Kit that you can get from insight electronics(~$200 I think). I think you can buy just the micro with Smart Card interface from the same place if you cant afford the kit. I think the part number of the micro is AT83C5123.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back