Small electric fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

xboxhaxorz

I have this fence **broken link removed** for my ferrets. They are too smart though, they will go under climb on the cage and get on top of it etc;

So far they are unstoppable and when they get out they make a mess. I wanted to make it have a tiny shock so they stop touching it. They are about the size of rabbits so something that will just give a real tiny shock would be great.

I would test it on myself so if it stings me a tiny bit i imagine it would sting them a bit more. I am fairly new to electronics but i think i can do it.

Just wondering how i would get started? Also if they bit or lick it would that kill them?

I suggest to make a bottom and top cover.

Painted metal won't conduct electric power or at least limit current flow to make your ferrets laugh their asses off while climbing the obstruction.

Boncuk

Get a real cage... I sure hope you aren't keeping a ferret let alone more than one in a space that small, that'd be criminal.. Ferrets need a large amount of space. I had a pair in 4 foot tall 3 foot wide 2 feet deep cage, and it wasn't big enough. They're social animals curious to the point of accidental suicide. Not good pets, the kit I had died from an intestinal blockage from eating a rubber ball, the other one I had died of old age. I don't recommend them as pets, they're an incredible amount of work and they only live about 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…