Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small display

Status
Not open for further replies.

rik

Hi, im designing my a-level project and i need to find a small LCD display, or a dot matrix display. Its for a small handheld device, make of approx 50-60mm for the display. I also need the circuitry to be as small as possible. I am having difficulty finding modules small enough and am wondering if anyone else has found any.

I have displays in old phones, but i have no idea how i would get them out and reprogram them. If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

Hello

I got two of these recently: **broken link removed**

Though havent got them hooked up yet, they are 512 colour modules and accept RGB+H/Vsync. Full specs (including timing diagrams) are available if you google for it...

Hi thanks that looks great.

What interface chip are you gonna with it?

Would it be difficult to interface and program from a pic?

I did want to try and interface a PIC with it but I'm no expert in PICs so I hope to learn on the fly :)

Havent seen any circuits out there either, would be nice to find something as a sample/reference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back