Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slow couriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
I've just had a package delivered by FedEx - it's dated 31 Aug, and was send from Italy. Obviously, it's long since been resent, but it makes you wonder where it's been all this time?.

It's actually an envelope with ten data SIM cards in it, and is quite battered, so it's had a hard life :D

Try this parcel tracking...

I find it quite detailed & shows alternate consignment numbers.
Your package might have had a trip to outback Australia.

I managed over a year once for a Chinese delivery, they replaced the order after a couple of months which arrived promptly but a year later, the original package turned up ......

As I say, you can (usually) get quick service from DHL, or you can use China Post which will get it there sometime between two weeks and "I don't remember ordering this."

As I say, you can (usually) get quick service from DHL, or you can use China Post which will get it there sometime between two weeks and "I don't remember ordering this."
Well I've recently had a few boards, for my own use, from JLCPCB (ordered through, and paid for, by work :D ) but rather than 'taking the piss' and paying for DHL delivery, I used their cheapest option - and to be fair, they have arrived far faster than I imagined.

I've just had a package delivered by FedEx - it's dated 31 Aug, and was send from Italy. Obviously, it's long since been resent, but it makes you wonder where it's been all this time?.
It appears UK and other international customs cannot agree rules or document requirements, since the last change a couple of months ago.
Fedex were supposed to take a package to Poland on the 11th but their web site created label & documents did not match what the driver was told was needed by his managers. Documents added & it was taken on the 14th.

Then an extra 12 days between UK & Polish customs.

Fedex 2-3 day service:
FROM
WORKSOP, NS GB

PACKAGE RECEIVED BY FEDEX
THURCROFT GB
14/11/2022 1:14 PM
TO
WROCLAW, PL
UPDATED DELIVERY
28/11/2022 before 18:00
Initially expected
16/11/2022

Must admit, I'm never very impressed with FedEX - I much prefer DHL - but that could just be a local drivers thing?.

As for sending a parcel to Poland, that should be easy - all the drivers seem to be Polish :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back