Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single phase to three phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be helpful if he filled his location in!.

Nigel, I apologise for not filling my details in sooner, however I have talked about my location in an earlier thread.
I'm picking if you are running three phase off two phase there's going to be a considerable power loss and balance/vibration problems, probably more power used through inefficient running, resulting in a hotter motor and shortened life of the machinery as well.

Hi Ruuf,

Here are a couple of resources:

SINGLE to 3 PHASE CONVERTER

The author, Jim Hanrahan,

Excellent article, I am quite excited by it. Be a satisfying project to pull off. Think I'll give it a go and get my electrician to check it when complete.
Rotary phase converters are so expensive to buy, and I can see myself with more 3PH machinery at some point.

G'day Ruuf,
Well mate I'm off the grid andI wanted to run my bridgeport mill of my inverter. So after asking the guys at work I bought a new 2hp 3phase motor and a 1.5Kw VFD. Now after I got it all setup I now have vairable speed and when drilling a 25 mm hole thru 20mm plate with no pilot hole I did notice it only took 2 amps. Rather than play with phase inversion off mains I'd suggest you look at a VFD to power your 3 phase machine.

Cheers Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back