Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single phase motor speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.

stamford

Hi, I have asmall rotating polisher powered by a Parvalux motor/gearbox - 230/250 volts single phase, capacitor start capacitor run continuous rating, both capacitors are 8.3 microfarad, 3 lead capacitor motor ( although there are only 2 wires )with a centrifugal switch.gearbox is 340rpm
Can i fit speed control to this unit - if so how and what would i need to do - thanks in advance

Thanks marc , would i need to alter the wiring of the motors - I'm not really familiar with single phase motors ?

No motor wiring changes, you just connect to mains via the inverter. All the Inverter does is 'remanufacture' the mains voltage and frequency. There are lots of instructions that come with the inverter.

I believe you'll end up with something like 25 % to 150 % speed control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back