Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single monitor doing two tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu4684

Sir,
I am doing final year in engineering. I am supposed to do a project. So, I thought of doing a project in software.
My thought is to have a single monitor but have two different windows
doing two different tasks by having two different keyboads so that two users can use a single system.
I really have no idea how to go about the plan.
I want to know whether it's possible to have such an arrangement.
If possible, how can I proceed.
What are the subjects/fields which I need to explore in order to go about the project.
If there is anything of that kind please help me by providing information about that.

can you tell me why? i don't quite understand requirement.
are both supposed to be use same monitor at the same time?
search for remote desktop or PC Anywhere.
the closest hardware solution is KVM switch but it doesn't do
exactly what you are asking...

santu4684 said:
Sir,
I am doing final year in engineering. I am supposed to do a project. So, I thought of doing a project in software.
My thought is to have a single monitor but have two different windows
doing two different tasks by having two different keyboads so that two users can use a single system.
I really have no idea how to go about the plan.
I want to know whether it's possible to have such an arrangement.
If possible, how can I proceed.
What are the subjects/fields which I need to explore in order to go about the project.
If there is anything of that kind please help me by providing information about that.

It can be done with software alone.

Use two USB keyboards. Write the drivers for these that will work with your code to accept input in two different windows under two seperate threads. Let windows handle the threads, you just provide input through the different keyboards.

SOmething like this is not at all practical in the real world and is simply an academic exercise for usb programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back