Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single board computer using 8088 pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

aflatoon1989

Single board computer using 8086 pcb

greetings mates ...im new to pcb making and im designing sbc in diptrace but having problems in routing data lines and address lines of 8086 of same size can anyone guide me how to do tht...or there is any other software more suitable for this job....plz reply..i have attached schematic which i designed in diptrace

Attachments

• asas.jpg
    asas.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,461
  • ASAS diptrace file.zip
    20 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
lolzz thts the good idea but cant do it .....coz my teacher give me this task and i have to do it...

IMO the task is unfair and totally unrealistic.

Surely there must a more useful project for you to study.

Aflatoon some advice.
If you really understand how the circuit works you can make changes that help.
On static RAM there is no reason to use A0, A1, A2,... You can mix up A0 and A6 and there is no problem. I change the sch to make the layout easy.
On static RAM you can change D0--D7.
On the PLACE16V8 you can move around any input to any input pin. Also the outputs can be moved to different pins. The part must be reprogrammed but that is a small problem.
The 74LS573 and like parts. This is a 8 bit latch. Pins 2->19 is a latch. Pins 3->18 is a latch. You can exchange pin pairs 2,19 and 2,18.
Do no do this unless you really know the circuit!

You might be able to route it using a lot of headers and IDC cables. By no means an easy solution because you'd have to hand route the whole thing. But doing headers and cables eliminates a lot of routing problems. A lot of cheap single layer boards I see use judicious amounts of jumper wire. IDC cables on headers or just soldering ribbon cable directly to the PCB would work.

Last edited:
yup i divided it in 3 parts in is of i/o card ,ram,rom section,,and microprocessor section...lets see how far it can solve my prob....thanks for ur advice 'Sceadwian'

Attachments

• 3parts.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 273
8088 singleboard

I'm coming in late, but I thought I'd share my 8088 SBC
layout. It's an 8 Mhz XT clone 5" x 7.25 " two sided board.

512K ram, 512K eprom, Interrupt controller, timer, 8251 serial port with MAX 232 level converter, 8255 parallel I/O,
etc.

It is hand routed.

Attachments

• 8088-09-06-30.PNG
    8088-09-06-30.PNG
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,565
Nicely done. There are some additional opportunities for Vdd/Vss bypass capacitors that you may choose to capture. They are free to implement, yet priceless.

8088 singleboard

Back in Once Upon a time Time, when I built prototypes for
a living, I'd usually hang bypass caps on the back side -
power to ground - with a bit of spagetti tube for insulation.

That's why there aren't many cap sites on the layout.
(Besides, it's getting kinda crowded!)

If I ever get to build one, that's what I'd do.
Like never being too rich or too thin, you can never have too much power filtering.

So, anybody know a PCB shop that can make half a dozen
at a reasonable price - from art???

Richard

wow genius....it is a good design....but u r really late...coz i made tht project wired wrapped...coz i didnt find anyone who can help me in making pcb...at tht time i was willing to buy the design but cant find a pro like u ...thanks a anyways...ur work is awesome .....

I'm coming in late, but I thought I'd share my single board computer.
If your link is correct, I find it hard to believe an 8 layer board is "hand" routed... :woot:.

Last edited by a moderator:
CBB, just a spammer, now gone!
JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back