Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Simple serial lcd 2013-04-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

languer

languer submitted a new article:

Simple Serial LCD - Creating a serial LCD can be very useful for quick debugging; as well as projects requiring LCD sup

Creating a serial LCD can be very useful for quick debugging; as well as projects requiring LCD support with minimal interface. The circuit presented here may not satisfy all needs, but it should serve as a good starting point for further work.

How does serial LCD interface work?
It is quite simple really. Using a microcontroller with a built-in HW UART, the information form the HW UART is received and passed on to the LCD using 4-bit control. The LCD is a standard 2x16 character...

Read more about this article...

Hi guys...this "Simple LCD project"article only gave us part of the schematic.
No right or left bar was displayed on my screen....where is the rest of it?

I am still not familiar with laying out pictures and making them always come out right. But you can always look at the attached files. Take a look at the "serial_lcd.jpg".

proc problem

proc problem when I compile your code in oshonsoft simulator ide v6.91 or have I missed something?

Moving some code to CCS. Added CCS code for serial LCD. I've been moving to some PICs which Oshonsoft does not have capability for, and this Serial LCD has been an invaluable debug tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back