Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Photoresistor Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwpmike

I want to create a simple circuit that is essentially the opposite of a dawn/dusk circuit.

A dawn/dusk circuit would allow a light to turn on (or close the circuit) when it is dark outside, and would turn the light off (open the circuit) when it is light outside. I want to do the opposite.

I want a LED to be able to turn on ONLY when it is light outside. I want the LED to not turn on when it is dark outside.

In other words, close the circuit when the photoresistor detects light, and open the circuit when the photoresistor does not detect light. Please see the attached diagram.

303fdkg.png

In most dawn/dusk circuits there is a resistor and photo-sensor connected in series between the power rails. Essentially, all you have to do is swap the two over.

You need a transistor emitter-follower in between the photo-resistor and the LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back