Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple Light dependent buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
madmikejt12 said:
the soldering iron?

It would alter the amount of power to the iron, but NOT make it temperature controlled - not much point really.

If you're damaging tracks with a 15/20W soldering iron, it's down to very poor technique :cry:

What make of iron is it?, personally I've always been very pleased with Antex irons.

i dunno, its just a cheap beginners one (£9.99 lol) my battery one is antex, heats up in 15 seconds, cools down in 5

yup, VERRRRRRY bad soldering skills lol

actualy, i blame the veroboard!!!!!! lol

I haven't seen Veroboard that was bad but I worked on one of the 1st products from a Korean electronics manufacturer whose copper print on their pcb's was held on with rice-glue or chewing gum and it came off just by looking at it. :lol:

Yea you cant temperature control it but you can control the power.

Just normaly conect the dimer,put the soldering iron where the light bulb shod be.

well.... mine just comes off when it sees me with a soldering iron!!!! it runs away lol

yup :lol:

one way to do it:
pin it against the wall and get me to try to solder something to it lol

lol i'll threaten to electricute it :lol:

nope, a few lose connections..... i was just trying to sort them out, im doing a blue light for inside of comp that shines out of the bottom, it was working and then i moved it because the LED's were facing sideways and it broke!!!!! i think that might be because i didnt clean the stripboard so it was a bit greasy

any excuse will do lol :lol:

madmikejt12 said:
nope, a few lose connections..... i was just trying to sort them out, im doing a blue light for inside of comp that shines out of the bottom, it was working and then i moved it because the LED's were facing sideways and it broke!!!!! i think that might be because i didnt clean the stripboard so it was a bit greasy

any excuse will do lol :lol:
Are you using a flux-core solder or some other sort of flux? If not, that is a big part of your problem.

I've only used a mains powered soldering iron once and hated it, so I lashed out and bought a snapon butane iron which worked flawlessly for years but finally gave up the ghost so I got an iroda butane iron which works just as good. Nice and small and simply change the tip over and I got a heatsink torch, blowtorch, hot knife etc. I also got me 12 volt iron good for 60 watts to use incase I run out of butane and I run it off a 12 volt 7amp/hour battery. Just my preference but I'll probably never use a mains powered one again.

Just My Thoughts Bryan :D

Well mate,
Hee, hee. :lol: Since you're down under, everything is upside-down, isn't it?
Do you use kangaroos or wallabies to hold-down your battery? :lol: :lol:

i don't think so , its got tin (95.5%) , silver (4%) and copper (0.5%) in it

yup, the one we use at school has lead in it and that is easier, i might get some of that

a perfect example of stripboard not working!!
on the breadboard it worked fine, so i copied it hole by hole and made an exact match on the stripboard.... all the soldering is ok (i used new tip for mains powered iron) but the light stays on whatever the light is!!!!
any ideas what couls be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back