Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Lie Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeeMorgan said:
Thanks for the reply, Ron - I like your schematic alot. My class will be building these and your version will allow us to have smaller groups working on this since we will now have more power supplies to work with. I see how your particular circuit can be re-drawn to essentially be a wheatstone bridge circuit. However, I am still a bit stuck on how the original circuit can be represented this way with those two power supplies. Why did the designer feel that two power supplies were needed in this circuit?
They are equivalent as shown below. The designer may have used two batteries because he didn't feel any need to reduce the number of batteries, or didn't know how.

PS as Audioguru says, you can use 9V batteries.

Attachments

• lie det equiv ckt.PNG
    lie det equiv ckt.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:
sippi3000 said:
can some tell me why onc i power up my lie detector my meter is at full power so i cant measure resistance
Post your schematic and we'll take a look at it. What is your meter's full scale current?

hello fellow people i wanted to see how to build the circuit because of the connection between the second resistor and the analog meter

Science Mac said:
hello fellow people i wanted to see how to build the circuit because of the connection between the second resistor and the analog meter
What does this mean? If you can't read a schematic, describe what you need to know in detail.

a noob question here. this circuit is placed on a board right? the ones with holes? Also wires used to connect each component is stranded 18 gauge insulated wire ok?

18 gauge wire is too big for the small holes in a circuit board.
Use 22 gauge solid tinned copper insulated hookup wires.

hi guys can anyone tell me If I can use digital ammeter of the Digital Multimeter in lieu of the analog meter .......I dont have a analog meter in my place and allelectronics.com says it cannot ship the product to my place

The lie detector project sometimes lies.
It measures the resistance of skin and the resistance of its connection to skin. It is supposed to use a 1mA moving coil meter so you can see the meter's needle move. A digital meter will just be a blur of changing numbers if anything changes.

audioguru said:
It measures the resistance of the connections to the victim, not if they are lieing.
It banks on the fact that a person may have sweaty palms while lying, creating a change in skin conductivity. A better circuit would measure pupil dilation and overall eye movement. Typically, the eyes don't lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back