Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple differential calculus question with Force formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :)
I'm starting calculus and so far so good (doing the slopes)

But I'm having a hard time figuring how to find my f(y1), f(y2) in this formula: ||F|| = ([(9 × 10⁹) ((N × m²) / C²)] Q1Q2) / r²

Q1 = 5 µC
Q2 = 10 µC

I need to find the "mean variation rate" (or whatever you call it in English, sorry ?) of the force intensity in regards to the distance if the distance between the two charges goes from 30 mm to 40 mm.

I know that it'll be Δ||F|| divided by Δr but I'm not able to process Δ||F||
I'm supposed to obtain -21.875N/mm

So basically, what do I replace the bold letters with in : ||F|| = ([(9 × 10⁹) ((N × m²) / C²)] Q1Q2) / r²

Thank you so much !!

Hi,

To start, isnt the N*m^2/C^2 part just the *units* of the 9x10^9 factor (ie Coulombs constant)?

This makes it:
|F|=K*Q1*Q1/r^2
K being the aforementioned constant.
After that you should be able to use the mean value theorem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back