Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR Code for Dividing 32-Bit Register by 8-Bit Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerim

Although my new codes of fast divisions may interest those who write in assembly only, I will end this topic by the following one.

In writing the code for an RMS current/voltage meter, I had to deal with big dividends (up to 32 bits) but the divisors could be from 160 to 223 only. So, I used the assembly code presented on the previous thread, “AVR Code for Dividing 32-Bit Register by 24-Bit Constant” after I added to it a table (as I did for the code on the thread “Fast AVR Code for Dividing 16-Bit Register by 8-Bit Register”). In this special case the table size is 256 bytes.

Attachments

• Fast Division of 32-bit register by 8-bit register with rounding.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back