Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple buzzer project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if you think you have enough time, I could send you a 555 timer and some parts to make an oscillator. If you wanted I could assemble it all and just leave some wires for you to connect everything.

naa thanks for that but it is ok i want a challenge and this is only a back up project in case my partner doesn't pull through.

YAY guess what!? i tried the oscillator 9v battery and the buzzer and it worked didn't even burn out the oscillator!!!! but it was going very fast is that because i didn't limit the current?

(yes that was a bone head move if it didn't work but hey life is about taking chances^_^ )

so i was thinking this might work

NOTE: i am not sure if i should add the capacitor or not and if i do what size? i have 100:mu:F 10:mu:F 47:mu:F and assorted ceramic pack i got from the source. and the resistor is just an approximation of what i might need i didn't set it in stone.

Attachments

• beep.jpg
    beep.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
there i have it working with a 150ohm resistor doesn't burn out the LED or anything the only problem is the clock oscillator is going to fast

Sorry to say this, but there probably isn't an easy way to slow down the oscillator. Unless it is a circuit and not a specific part, then you could do it. If it's just a simgle component, the onyl way you could do it is using some divider IC's.

well i hooked it up the other way around and it worked didn't stop and start but it dulled down then got louder/brighter

Hmmmm...thats odd. Does it keep doing that? Otherwise you may have damages the oscillator.

Also, if you have a couple resistors, capacitors and 2 transistors lying around you could make a simple multivibrator circuit that could provide the pulses you need.

2 of each kind of resistor up to 3.3m:eek:hm: and a bunch of ceramic capacitors (tested them on a Ohm meter and they didn't seem to work is that because they are capacitors or are they broke) and i have a bunch of npn transistors (scraped from an old CD player) so those simple parts i have just not specialty ones like oscillators and ic's i only have a about 15 from an old power supply(haven't looked for a data sheet)

NOTE: all my parts outside the resistors and capacitors came from a mac centris 610 that i took apart thats my electronic store;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back