Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple buzzer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynerd

so all i wanted to do was with a nine volt battery a buzzer an LED and a mini momentary push button switch. but i was wondering how to make the buzzer and light flash/ beep on and off when the switch was pushed. I don't have any fancy IC's and i only have about 3 days to do it. Last i would like to know if i would have to add anything because the buzzer is a 12v and i am using a nine volt battery so by adding other components it almost silences the buzzer so what do i have to do with it to make it work well?

I don't see how your going to run a 12v buzzer on 9v.

As for the beeping and flashing. What you want for that is a simple oscillator that drives the led and 9v battery. Then when you hold the switch down the oscillator gets power.

really i can run the buzzer really loud on a 3.7v li-ion battery:D and could you show me like a rough circuit i am kinda new with this whole thing:D also would say a 21mhz oscillator work? wow did i just say that!? haha that was dumb it would be so fast it would just go beep constant anyway :p

Last edited:
Buzzer

Hi Andynerd,

you might as well use the buzzer and LED connected steady to the battery instead of adding a 21MHz (21,000.000.00Hz!) oscillator circuit. At a frequency of 1Hz the buzzer will beep 1/2 second and pause for another 1/2 second.

Just a thought, but wouldn't a flashing LED hooked up in series with the buzzer also cause the buzzer to "pulse" with the LED?

I thought that was what he wanted. Otherwise you just make the buzzer in parallel with the whole oscillator and what not.

all i want you hit the button and the buzzer and led both flash like an alarm thing
anyway ya is there any other circuit i could use then an oscillator?

I was thinking of just using a flashing LED and a buzzer, no oscillator circuit involved. The LED shouldn't allow current through it when it is in the "off" state of the flash, and therefore the buzzer would also turn off. This would achieve what he originally intended with only one (somewhat) fancy part which is easily available at radioshack.

two things one i don't have a radio shack around they closed the last one near by a year ago
and two this is a grade nine science project so i don't need anything too fancy

also since i am still learning the theory of this (aside from school i really truly like this stuff :D yes i am a nerd) and i was wondering if i could simply lower the oscillation with a circuit of some kind (the smallest oscillator i have it 5 or 8 mhz)

It's not too easy to do that without using IC's, and you have no source for them...My simplest suggestion is to find an electronics surplus shop or somewhere like that in your area and see if they have flashing LED's. If you had a bit more time for this, I would gladly send you one, but it's hard to ship stuff that fast.

EDIT: And don't worry about being a nerd...all those popular kids will eventually be working for you someday...I'm a senior in high school and I know how you feel. Just stick with it. If you really like it, major in it in college. Engineering is a really popular field these days and finding a career shouldn't be difficult.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the support! and thanks Ductapemaster that means alot^_^ and yes i do love this!!!

Last edited:
wow just a thought but how many hz would a cheap digital watch have??? i took one apart and i found this oscillator thing (might be different because it is a watch) but still could that work!?

Not sure on the Hz rating on the watch crystal, but if you have a cheap wall mount clock (or can buy one) you can use the circuit in there to run the buzzer and LED. Just hook them up where you see the coil (cheap pulsed motor) connected.

A digital watch should have 1 hz or 100 hz depending on whether it has hundredths of a second on it.

I agree with ductape about the whole nerd thing, I was the nerd for all elementary, junior high and the start of high school. It doesn't matter though because now that I'm in first year engineering I know that I'm finally at a place where people don't put you down for doing a good job on something. (Mind you I don't declare a major until the end of this year so I don't really have that much electrical knowledge as of yet.)

perfect i have a dead clock i did for some dumb art thing (thank god it is over lol) anyway so i could use that

p.s. i really don't think of nerd as a bad thing just as a right of passage! ^_^ hey and for a nerd i have a pretty hot girlfriend ;)

andynerd said:
perfect i have a dead clock i did for some dumb art thing (thank god it is over lol) anyway so i could use that

p.s. i really don't think of nerd as a bad thing just as a right of passage! ^_^ hey and for a nerd i have a pretty hot girlfriend ;)

Don't even get me started on my last one...god talk about crazy.

Heh, my mom calls me a "nerd in disguise"...I dress like everyone else and do my best not to fit the stereotype...but I will always be there to help you with computer problems (for a small fee of course). But electronics has been my passion since I was 4 years old. I plan on going into the electronics design field and working with robotics. Either that or I want to work for a company that builds electronics for radio control application (my other hobby is radio control cars and planes).

i myself would like to go into computers and microcomputers (and don't get me started haha every tech class it is andrew this and andrew thatXD i barely get my work done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back