Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Buzzer for children's Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaFlav

I am teaching young children who are blind and am looking for a simple buzzer that I can insert in a collage story book that I am making about a bus trip that they have just been on. Can anyone help me to source these please?

I am teaching young children who are blind and am looking for a simple buzzer that I can insert in a collage story book that I am making about a bus trip that they have just been on. Can anyone help me to source these please?

I still don't understand what you want this buzzer for? Is it used in a way so that they'll know if they read that college story book before? As for a simple buzzer, you can use a piezoelectric buzzer which you can buy from RadioShack or another electronic store.

Thanks Austin for the prompt reply. The collage book pages represent aspects of the experience of traveling on a bus with different objects representing the real experience.
For example the buzzer represents the buzzer that the children press to signal that they want the bus to stop.

Well then, a simple piezoelectric buzzer will do. That is, if you don't want it too loud. You can either get DC buzzers or AC buzzers, either way both will require an oscillator to drive the buzzer but the DC ones usually have one built in. I would recommend a DC piezoelectric buzzer because then you can simply use a 9V battery with a pushbutton switch and you're set to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back