Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal to Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
No takers?

Excuse me for being rude but I think I need to thump a few heads.

For you geniuses out there. Noise is any undesired component and it applies to all electronics.....period. Signal to noise is only prevalent in receivers because it it is so critical to it's performance. I have NEWS!! It is crucial in any system you wish to put together. What you want to bet, I can take your printer design, and introduce a small frequency at numerous locations and F the Mo...up! Get it?

You don't have noise as such in a transmitter, unless it's incredibly poorly 'designed', which in your case appears to be so. Design it properly, and it's not a concern at all, you're talking high signal levels where any noise is much too small to be significant.

You don't have noise as such in a transmitter, unless it's incredibly poorly 'designed', which in your case appears to be so. Design it properly, and it's not a concern at all, you're talking high signal levels where any noise is much too small to be significant.

I got zero noise. I got filter on the front and the back. Im basically done with it. Wish I had more power but I got my amp to hook to it. I got about 6 watts pure 7MHz. I can get 25 if allow trash to go with the signal. As far as carrier, I got zero out. Had to go back to the mixer and pad it down again. I hooked up the amp and had a 5 watt carrier...lol. Its fixed. I got a good way to key this amp to for CW. I'm set now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back