Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Show off your workbench!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
At Andy's suggestion here, I started this thread for everyone to show off their workbenches.

I'll post mine when I have a chance to take a few pics (I've got a couple in different buildings).

Matt

Hola Matt,

You managed to create a "circular reference" (more than a nested loop) between two threads!!

Hope to have some in three months time.

I think I may need to clean mine off a little, but I can post before and after pics! LOL

Ok let me clear enough space to get into the room first!! Actually I am in the middle of a refit :stop:, alot of my stuff is in boxs, but just maybe this thread will push be to get off my lazy behind and clear up and organize my hovel.

My chem lab is being moved, so I will post pics of where its moving too (once the junk is moved out) and the glass ware that will be going in.

Does this mean that I am the only one here with a presentable workbench?

Workbench 002.JPG

JimB

clearly its eigther photo shopped, or you do no work or your super tidy!! whatever the reason NO WAY am I now posting mine until a major clear up!!
You dont even have a coffee stain or soldering iron burn mark!! and hanging up scope cables!! Man I so wished I was so...................organized. I cant let my mum see that pic under ANY circumstances, I have told her all electronics people have messy benches.
Anyway thats not a workshop thats an operating theater lol

that is my workbench just tidier :joyful:

From another Jim

another-jim-jpg.96985

Been there and done that.

The trouble with an untidy bench is that it leads to a mental paralysis (for me any way) where you don't want to do things because you have to tidy up all that junk first.

You dont even have a coffee stain or soldering iron burn mark!!
I recently recovered the bench top.
It was covered in formica, not my choice, just as the old worktop came when I rebuilt the kitchen many years ago.
I stripped off the formica and re-layed the surface with cheap laminate flooring. Seems to be OK so far.

and hanging up scope cables!!
Scope probes, BNC to BNC, N to N, crocs to crocs, IEC mains leads, just look at the rack and pick what you need.
Having got fed up of rummaging through a snake pit of assorted cables, only to find that the one which I had selected was: the wrong length, had the wrong other end, faulty, something had to be done and here it is:

Cable rack 001.JPG Cable rack 002.JPG

It is getting a bit full these days, notice the aluminium angle tacked on the end to hold the croc leads.

JimB

This is what I am hoping will be the new center of operations. To the right is a large garage where the heavy stuff will be: welders, rolling mill, lathes, iron foundry...

MZ7A3817.jpg

This is what I am hoping will be the new center of operations.
Looks like a good basis for a workshop.
I don't know about the deep south of Zummerzet, but up here the first task would be to fix the gaps where the roof meets the walls.

JimB

This is one of mine. It got pretty dusty in the basement of my old house. I've since moved some of it to my office in my new place, but I haven't been able to bring the rest over yet.

1468676_714211848590716_1199007121_n.jpg

Also what you don't see is the dozens of old circuit boards, TVs, microwave ovens, and other odds-and-ends scattered around both levels of that house (basement and main floor).

I'm not a very organized person....

This is one of mine. It got pretty dusty in the basement of my old house. I've since moved some of it to my office in my new place, but I haven't been able to bring the rest over yet.

View attachment 96991

Also what you don't see is the dozens of old circuit boards, TVs, microwave ovens, and other odds-and-ends scattered around both levels of that house (basement and main floor).

I'm not a very organized person....
Looks pretty net with that tesla coil next to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back