Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should We Hold a RE Based Comp

Should we Hold a RE Based Competition

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

The poll will run for 14 days and that should give enough time to see if it's viable

Regards Bryan

Last edited:
What is an "RE" based competition? The only RE Acronym I'm familiar with is Religious Education, but I'm sure you don't mean that!!

Brian

So, if 20 people vote no and 15 vote yes, shouldn't it happen anyway? The no people can just read other stuff. Seems like a silly poll.

Mike.

Last edited:
So, if 20 people vote no and 15 vote yes, shouldn't it happen anyway? The no people can just read other stuff. Seems like a silly poll.

Mike.

Good point, but if only 2 people vote yes then it would seem like a bad idea. If 15 people vote yes then it would seem like a good idea. The results of the poll will therefore serve the purpose of finding out if enough people are interested or not.

I guess it's only the "no" option that's kind of redundant. But the poll itself isn't a waste of time...

Brian

I haven't voted in the poll because I think it is a good idea but don't have the time to contribute myself at the moment. Between a full time job, a girlfriend, and part time Uni studying... I wouldn't be able to fit it in.

But generally I do like the idea of the competitions.

Brian

Why not creating a poll for voting whether agree or not for this idea?

Pommie thats the reason I started the poll. Also last night I asked the guys in chat and all agreed a poll would be a good idea.

No use try to flog a dead horse if no-one wants it.........

Cheers Bryan

Maybe it would help if you went ahead and posted guide lines for the competition or maybe just an idea of the structure. RE seems like a pretty broad category to me. Its like saying "should we have sandwiches?", what kind of sandwiches? Sorry for the stupid example but it was the best thing I could think of and I'm hungry....

OK the poll is over and as it ran for 14 days only 14 votes came eitherway. So the RE comp is off due to the lack of interest and in the near future I will start some RE projects in the forum and hope other members will step in and help. Although I thought the comp would be a good idea I will try in the RE forum to instill members to participate in on going projects and if any member wishes to start their own feel free.

As I have stated before a RE projects section where members can find circuits and projects made by fellow members will be a valued resource in the future.

Regards Bryan

I didn't even know the post existed till today =P Didn't even get a chance to vote. Can't read every post every day. There needs to be a way the forum moderators can post polls like that to every user that pop up the next time they log on so you get every users opinion, or at least a better cross section than a thread that might get burried under all the other noise.

Also not using an acronym in the topic might have helped people want to read it =P

Same here, I just noticed this, I would have voted yes. And when I saw the acronym I was thinking "Resident Evil? Robot Elvis?"

Same here, I just noticed this, I would have voted yes. And when I saw the acronym I was thinking "Resident Evil? Robot Elvis?"

Only 6 months too late. Believe RE was for Renewable Energy, only because i know Bryan is heavy into wind power...

I am just waiting for some competition. ;)

DCP01940.JPG DCP01938.JPG

9.5 foot rotor.
Direct drive generator system using a massive 8 pole Getty's PM DC servo motor.
3.5+ KW peaks on a good day. (Documented in picture, 80 V @ 48 amps, on the GTI unit)
100+ KWh per month average returned as measured.
Home built 3.5+ KW GTI made out of an old commercial UPS refitted into and old floor scrubber battery charger case.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/grid-tie-inverter-schematic.86777/ and https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/grid-tie-inverter-schematic-2-0.105324/ For conceptual GTI design referance points.
Plus https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/wind-generator-up-and-running.93158/ and https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/wind-generator-up-again.104543/ for referance to some of the wind generators design changes and reworks and earlier failures.

DCP01948.JPG DCP01947.JPG

I have made my submission. :)

Last edited:
Oh yeah, well look at mine :p
**broken link removed**

seriously though, nice wind turbine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back